We all want the sophisticated and chic designs that we see in magazines, but our pocketbooks may not feel the same way about luxury design as we do! There is a way to get those luxe looks for less – you just have to be smart about where and how you spend your budget.
Beautiful and detailed homes cost more than you think. So you’ll notice in the video that I don’t say luxury for a bargain price, but luxury for a moderate price. You definitely get what you pay for in my opinion, but there are many ways that you can save money in some areas so you can splurge in others, and that’s what this Tobi TV is all about!
Instead of automatically saying, “There is no way I could afford that in my home,” I’m going to give you some tips and ideas for how you can mix high- and low-priced items to create best magazine-worthy looks!
See? You don’t have to go all-out to have a fabulous space! Choosing where to save and where to splurge is what it’s all about. Let’s recap those tips for getting luxe looks for less:
- Drapery doesn’t have to be the world’s finest silk to be luxurious. Try a polished cotton for a less expensive, gorgeous look!
- Coffered ceilings give the look of luxury, but using simple cove moulding instead of intricately detailed options helps. Then consider adding luxe touches like a touch of gold paint on the ceiling.
- Skip the expensive dining table and opt for an acrylic base with a glass top. It’s often less expensive than a top-of-the-line wood variety.
- Wallpaper can be expensive, especially brands like de Gournay, but using it on only one wall allows you to have a luxe look without breaking the bank!
- Repurpose some of your existing furniture by reupholstering with fabulous fabric or painting with lacquer. This will save you money and give you a great luxurious look.
- Custom rugs don’t have to be crazy-expensive. Try a carpet supplier that makes custom rugs to keep your design bill in check.
These tips will give you a lot of look for smaller investment! Let me know in the comments below how you give your home a luxe look for less!
For more tips and ideas, be sure to check out my YouTube Channel, featuring every episode of Tobi TV!