2011 is here and I am excited! I just had my black-eyed peas that will ensure prosperity for the year ahead! Now I’m ready for my fresh start. My chance to do all the things I meant to do last year!
But before I get to my resolutions in the next day or two, today I am bringing you my non-goals for 2011. These are “moments, habits, and choices” where I was great in 2010 and I want to uphold for the coming year!
I got this idea from Anne who got it from Erin and I LOVE it! Several others bloggers have jumped in on the action too and I didn’t want to be left out. It’s all about reminding yourself of all the things you do RIGHT! So sit down and write yourself a few non-goals. It’s amazing!
Here are the things I did well last year and that I want to keep right on doing…
1. Hey Tobe, you hit it out of the park in 2010 with attention to detail! Making every little thing just right for projects, parties and blogs is your forte. Keep it up this year, girl! Your hard work really shows.
2. Okay, so you may be a work-a-holic. So what?? You get more done in a day then most people get done in a week! And you know what? It makes you happy, it makes lots of clients, readers, and fans happy and it sets a great example of dedication, perseverance and work ethic for your little one! So stop worrying and keep working. You have my permission!!
3. You are a “big ideas” girl, all right. Never short of another cutting edge concept in business and design. You have more bright ideas than you can shake a stick at! Well I say, “Keep ‘em coming”. Yes, your staff might have to hoof it to keep up, but you know what they say about idle hands? And with you around, there’s never a possibility of not having enough to do. Bring on the ideas for 2011.
4. No need to tie a string around your finger, Missy. Procrastination is not in your vocabulary! You get a great idea or a to-do on your list and now’s as good a time as any to get started on it.
5. “Designer Mommy” is your #1 job and a darn good job you’ve done at it. Your little one appreciates the beauty all around her. She sees the world through a designer’s eyes and is the first one to notice something special or unique. It’s because of you that she’s aware of all things lovely and it will make her world a better place to grow up in. So keep teaching her how to live life a life of beauty. She deserves it!
So there you have it, friends! I hope you’ll pat yourself on the back too, for a job done well in 2010 and roll those good habits right into this new year!
I’ll be back later in the weekend with the January features, my resolutions, and more great posts! And if you haven’t visited the blog A Creative Mint, then make it your first resolution to do so. It’s the source of all these beautiful images and a constant source of inspiration to me.
Happy New Year friends! xoxo, Tobi