I have been so busy that I haven’t posted one of my popular Top Ten Features since March. So I am squeezing one in this June just in the nick of time. I love multi-purpose and “floating” pieces of furniture! They maximize seating in small or large spaces. I often use benches for this reason. Here are ten of my favorites! Enjoy!!!
10. The San Marino by Hickory Chair
9. Barbara Barry’s Slipper Bench for Henredon. I love the feminine detailing!
8. The Donghia Versailles
7. Jonathan Adler’s X Bench…I use this ALL the time! Great as a pair at the foot of a bed or tucked under a console!!
6. Oly Studio’s Hilary. It comes in short and long. I use the short most often!!
5. The Julien by Dessin Fournir is simple and architectural…so sophisticated!
4. The Cluny by Hickory Chair is a Fave!! I love the standard length. It’s great at the foot of a king bed. And now that Hickory Chair has the made to measure program and so many finishes the possibilities are endless! I even have this in my own bedroom!
3. Thomas Pheasant’s Rolled-Arm Bench by Baker is gorgeous!! I have been using it for years!
1. My very favorite bench in the world (drum roll please)…Jan Shower’s X bench the Claudette!! It is so pretty and graceful and yes expensive but I adore it!!!!