I read daily and, as I have said before, I am a bit of a geek when it comes to my book selections.
I am consistently landing in the business and self-help area of Amazon by choice, downloading these titles to my Kindle app, even for my vacation reading. I am passionate about improving my business and my life. It’s honestly my idea of FUN!
Ok, so I DO exercise the real way, too. But if your idea of a FUN workout is reading business books in bed ’til your arms hurt like mine, you may just want to know which books I am reading and critiquing for Tobi’s Book Club in 2014.
1. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg – A book I think every woman should read.
2. Start With Why by Simon Sinek – How to discover what you really want in life and business.
3. Daring Greatly by Brene Brown – A breakthrough book on how vulnerability is the only way to really reach our dreams and true joy.
4. The War of Art by Steven Pressfield – A genius (and a bit irreverent) way to get in touch with your most creative self.
5. Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne – A brilliant work on carving out a strategy for your business where there is no competition.
6. My Stroke of Insight by Jill Bolte Taylor – One of my favorite books I’ve ever read. This is a book about how to find true peace and how to stay there no matter what is going on in your business or your life. It’s told by a brain scientist who had a severe stroke and lived to tell others how it changed her life for the better.
Don’t know what Tobi’s Book Club is? It’s my bi-monthly telecall highlighting my favorite business and self-improvement books. Think of it as my “Tobi’s notes” version of the biggest take-aways from my favorite books and my tips for how you can put these ideas to work in your business with success. So if you are too busy to read them for yourself, I’ll do the work for you and bring you just what you need to know to put these books to work in your life. Or if you want to read the book too, but still want my insights to pair with your own so you don’t miss any big business ideas, Tobi’s Book Club could be a perfect fit for you.
How do you get access to Tobi’s Book Club, you ask? Well it’s not available right now a la carte…you have to be a member of either my E-Coaching program or my Mastermind Consulting Group to get my book club as your special bonus. So if you have been considering either of these life-changing business programs or want to know more about them, please see all my business consulting options here. Sign up for monthly e-coaching or my year-long mentoring and coaching Mastermind program and get the exciting Tobi’s Book Club as a bonus.
I hope to see you in my Book Club. I can’t wait to read and share ideas with you all year long!