I’m known for using color – so much so that my brand is Bright, Bold, and Tailored. So let’s look at a room this week that I saturated with a bright and bold color. Purple is such a great color to work with, and I love every hue from luxurious, rich purples like royal and plum to paler shades like lavender and periwinkle.
Color psychology says that purple stimulates the imagination and spirituality, which made it the ideal color for the study in my Riverside Penthouse project. I know that, for some, working with color can be intimidating, so here are my tips for pulling off purple:
Oh, I so love that color! Let’s recap those tips for purple:
- Purple is great for the bold and daring decorator. It can create a dark, cozy place that is perfect for curling up with your favorite book or magazine.
- Purple is an ideal color if you’re letting your fabrics lead the way. Pick the perfect purple textiles and go from there!
- If you’re inspired by fashions from Europe, then purple is perfect for you! Moody hues like purple and blue create an amazing continental look.
- Small spaces can use a rich hue like purple, too! It will create the jewel box effect and turn your space into a gem.
- If you’re a movie buff, purple definitely brings the drama!
Talk about stimulating the imagination! These tips should have you ready to paint your world purple! Let me know in the comments below where you like to use purple.
Wishing you a happy, and colorful, New Year!
For more tips and ideas, be sure to check out my YouTube Channel, featuring every episode of Tobi TV!