Can you believe we’re less than two weeks from the Fourth of July?! This year has flown by, but I’m slowing down next week to really enjoy summer as I head to my favorite beach with my family!
Getting ready for that trip has me thinking about the fabulous palette of red-white-and-blue, and how I can wear it, or use it, for the fabulous Fourth. Rather than getting all literal with flag motifs, I like this gorgeous trio of colors for summer soirees and getaways! So if you’re getting ready for your long holiday weekend, pick up a couple of these fabulous finds – for you or for someone special.
Lapis Lazuli Wall Art: Add shades of cobalt to your home decor with this beautiful pair of lapis lazuli hangings. I love the natural element of the lapis!
Patriotic String Lights: String up your patriotism for all to see at your Fourth of July barbecue with these red, white, and blue string lights!
French Fry Cup: Keep your party festive with these fun vintage-inspired french fry cups!
Confetti Dot Napkins: Use your patriotic theme to dress your table for a party with these fun confetti dot napkins, available in navy or red!
Chinoiserie Ceramic Lamp: Infuse your space with a little red and white with this gorgeous chinoiserie lamp with Lucite base!
Reversible Leather/Canvas Belt: Finish off your holiday outfit with the perfect tailored accessory – a belt! This lovely belt is also reversible with red leather or the Gucci logo in canvas.
It’s that time of year – a time for gorgeous weddings and beautiful brides! It’s so much fun to see happy couples and to be invited to share in their important day.
Leading up to the wedding day, there are always fabulous showers and events for the bride, too. So choosing that perfect gift for a bride-to-be can be overwhelming if you know a lot of soon-to-be-marrieds. But no worries, I’m making it easy for you with this fun guide for gifts for the bride!
I guarantee that one of these gorgeous selections will be perfect for the bride-to-be in your life – even if she just happens to be YOU! Happy shopping!
Mr. & Mrs. Bridal Balloons: How sweet are these balloons to mark the setting for the new bride and groom? Use them to decorate for any wedding party or even the big day!
‘Yours & Mine’ or ‘His & Hers’ Glasses: Perfect for the bride and groom that have just about everything! These beautiful wine glasses are special for those relaxing nights at home for the newlyweds.
‘Bride’ Trinket Box: Celebrate the bride-to-be’s engagement with this sweet porcelain box for her to store her dazzling new ring!
Bride Engraved Idiom Bangle: Available in both silver and gold to match that extra special ring, this bangle says all of the sweet events that make that big day so memorable!
‘One in a Million’ Initial Pendant: Adorable initial pendants available for every woman that plays an important role in your wedding day! I love anything monogrammed to give a gift a more personal touch.
What an exciting week! I am moving into my newly renovated home today and this weekend is Mother’s Day. A two-for-one week for me! I don’t know about you, but I am NOT one of those moms that gets mad about getting appliances or functional things for special occasions. In fact, I request them.
With my move-in happening, I cleaned out and donated a lot of my old things and I now need a new toaster and a new food processor – Williams Sonoma, here I come! But maybe for Mother’s Day, I will also get one or two of these pretties for my kitchen to use along with all my beautiful new Thermador appliances that were installed yesterday (eek! I am thrilled!).
And how about that gorgeous soft blue Kitchenaid above? I got a new Emerald Green one (my favorite color) last Mother’s Day and I truly designed my entire new kitchen around it. I can’t wait to set it on my bright and shiny new Dekton countertops today for the first time when I pull it out of the moving box. Watch for that ceremonial moment on Instagram, but I had to show you this beautiful color of icy blue in case it’s the mixer color of your Mother’s Day dreams.
Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there. I hope you get what your heart desires this Mother’s Day, which probably isn’t gifts at all, but time with your babies. Now I’m off to move in so maybe I can be all unpacked and organized before Mother’s Day arrives, and I can take the day off. After this big move, a day off might just be the best gift ever!
Sugar Paper Recipe Box: I love this bright fuchsia box with scalloped dividers to hold all of my family recipes!
Initial Dish Towel: This beautiful dish towel with a personal monogram and scalloped edge adds a personal flare to your kitchen!
Salt Mill: Infuse bold color into your kitchen and cooking with this cobalt blue ombre salt mill!
‘All in Good Taste’ Cookie Cutters: Forget boring cookie cutters! These lady-like shapes such as a bow, apple, ampersand, and a spade will make fabulous cookies for your next girl’s night!
Nest Measuring Cups: 8 stackable cups ranging from ¼ tsp to 1 cup in bold colors tuck away for neat storage!
Marble Rolling Pin: This cool marble rolling pin can roll out dough with ease! Fabulous for breads and cookies (that I will now be baking in my new Thermador ovens…yay!) and looks super chic with your baking tools!
kate spade new york Bowls & Lids: This set of 3 colorful bowls adds style to your kitchen while helping with easy food prep and storage! The scallop detail on the lids is so chic!
Colored Paring Knives: Never get confused about which knife is for cutting your chicken or dicing a tomato again! This set of 3 colored knives have long-lasting stainless steel blades and are dishwasher safe.
KitchenAid Artisan Design Stand Mixer: If you follow my blog, you know, my daughter and I love to bake! This KitchenAid Stand Mixer is a must in our house! I have an Emerald Green one but this soft and icy blue is so pretty, I just had to show it to you. Use it to mix up all of your sweet treats!
Wusthof 2 Piece Mincing Set: Add minced garlic to your favorite spaghetti recipe effortlessly with this 2 piece mincing set! You’ll never have to struggle with a knife again!
4-Quart Rectangular Dish: This beauty has an exterior enamel that is resistant to stains and scratches, while the stoneware prevents scorching and maintains even temperatures across the dish while baking! I love to bring homemade dishes to friends, and this dish with a matching lid makes it easy to bake, store, and carry!
“Neiman Marcus Cooks” Cookbook: You can find all of the great recipes here, even their famous chocolate chip cookies and probably their pop-overs too! Looks like I have some baking to get through!
Ceramic Lemon Juicer: Weather for cooking, cocktails, or lemonade, this two-piece reamer and pitcher will make squeezing lemons easy and enjoyable! There’s even a strainer in the reamer to catch the seeds!
Being a mom is my biggest blessing. And my second biggest blessing is my own mom. I am sandwiched between my two favorite women in the world who happen to look just like each other, only one is 10 years old. I spend amazing quality time with them together on a regular basis. We travel as a trio, we cook together, we shop. They are my life’s biggest joys.
So when it comes to getting my mom a Mother’s Day gift, I work hard to get her something she will really use and enjoy. And that same practical side of me gives my mini-me and my husband a list of things I love to choose from so they can feel confident that I will love what they buy me, too. This is approach is a win-win for us. But if you can’t ever think of the right thing for the moms in your life and they aren’t prone to give you a list, here are a few of my favorite options that might just work for you!
Happy shopping and happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there!
Tory Burch Bath Soaps: Give your mom a gift she can enjoy everyday! These fragrant soaps are individually wrapped in beautiful floral paper, so they are perfect for everyday use or decor!
Skin Rejuvenating Eye Mask: Let mom relax today with this rejuvenating sleep mask that helps minimize the appearance of wrinkles while you sleep. What can be better than skin care with no hassle?
Cat Eye Sunglasses: If your mom is anything like mine, she is chic and fun! My mom would love these fabulous cat-eye sunglasses in tortoise shell!
Embossed Leather Journal: As a mother, sometimes you need to just take a moment to yourself to reflect on all of the joyous occasions of motherhood. Keep a record of all of your accomplishments to reflect on when you start to doubt yourself.
Sensor Makeup Mirror: This amazing makeup mirror can sense when you are near it and automatically lights up! The light mimics natural sunlight so your make up can look fresh and natural!
Live Colorfully Body Cream: Pamper mom with this luxuriously hydrating body cream filled with subtle layers of mandarin and water lily!
Dylan Stone Pendant Necklace: This stunning Kendra Scott piece is available in a variety of colors, but I’m showing it off in one of my favorite shades of emerald green! A little bit of bling goes a long way for this mom! (hint, hint)
Tory Burch Beach Neoprene Cosmetic Case: An easy little carry-all in my favorite shade of green! I always need these little cosmetic cases for lipstick, travel perfume, and other odds and ends that are so much easier to keep track of in this neat little case!
Greek Key Alpaca Wool Throw: My mom, daughter, and I love to snuggle up together to watch movies. This fabulous greek key throw would be an elegant addition to our movie night!
Wide-Brim Fedora Hat: The perfect hat to top off your Mother’s Day brunch outfit, this fun and chic hat will soon become one of your favorite pieces. I know mine has!
Tory Burch Color Block Corssbody Bag: Like any mom, I always need a purse, but it is not always convenient to carry around! This little crossbody bag is just big enough for all of the essentials without any of the hassle!
We are in the home stretch, friends. Christmas is almost here whether you are ready or not. But if you are still one of the people out there looking for last minute gifts, I’ve got you covered, especially if you are like me and you are crazy about all things green!
Whether you call it Kelly or Emerald, many people associate me and my design work with this, my favorite hue! So take a look at this fabulous collection of all things green. Perfect for Christmas, or any time of the year!
Happy Shopping! xo,
1. Drawstring Vest–I love a drawstring on jackets and vests, and in jade no less. Try this comfy and cozy Lafayette 148 vest on for size. It’s the best way to be chic and comfy all at once.
2. Moschino Bow Mini Bag–How feminine can one be? Well with this little beauty, plenty. Feeling like splurging on something in your favorite green hue? Why not a girly bag that will be in fashion for years!
3. Michele Watch with Topaz Markers–This playful yet luxurious watch in lovely jade green with topaz accents is the perfect mix of casual and chic. The gold-plated stainless steel accents make it look luxe but it’s hardworking and waterproof, too. And with the signature Red Crown logo and wind piece, this lovely timepiece is the perfect POP of color for every day.
4. Essie Green Nail Polish–I love having my favorite color on my toes, even when it’s winter and hardly anyone sees it but me. Have a little fun this holiday season and beyond by making your tootsies emerald. They’ll look like a million bucks!
5. Stadium Cloth Wool Coat–I love the classic style and fab color of this wool coat by J. Crew. Inspired by the fabric from classic stadium blankets, this beauty gives you all the warmth but without the weight and for that I say, “Don’t wait!”
6. Malachite Box–Handcrafted of Limoges porcelain, these sophisticated desk accessories just took your office to a whole new level of style. Try this lovely lidded box or the matching tray or pencil cup to add the perfect punch of green to your desk. It might just make working more fun in the new year.
7. “All in Good Taste” Dish Towel–Leave it to Kate Spade to make everything fun, including cooking. A dash of whimsy on this kitchen towel makes the process fun whether you are the chef or the clean-up crew!
8. Caged Leather Jimmy Choo—Jimmy Choo takes green out of this world with these gorgeous strappy, leather caged sandals. These are the shoes that dreams are made of, so why not make the dreams of someone on your list this year?
9. Green Over-Dyed Antique Rug–Want a fabulous punch of green in your home? Then try this remarkable and luxurious dyed Oriental rug in your room. Whether as a complement to your layered and colorful look or the only pop of color in an otherwise neutral space, this green carpet will remind you that the “grass is greener” right there under your own two feet, especially when you splurge on this lovely piece.
10. Diptyque Fig-Scented Candle–Possibly my favorite candle of all time, Diptyque‘s fig scent in the glorious green glass jar makes any room a bit fresher and more beautiful that it was before. And with 90 hours of burn time, it will keep your space fresh for hours on end! The perfect hostess gift or stocking stuffer for the candle-lovers on your list.
11. Silk “Dazzle and Delight” Pillow–Want a conversation starter on your sofa? Try piling on this whimsical Kate Spade “Dazzle and Delight” pillow. It’s a bit Audrey Hepburn but not too fancy to snuggle up with. Add some fun to your room with this adorable item or give it to the girly-girl on your list.
12. Garden Lattice Acrylic Tray–With it’s stylish geometric lattice design, this tray looks classic and trendy all at the same time. Use it for serving up drinks or gathering all your trinkets. It’s such a great price, you can buy one for all your friends.
13. Grace Kate Spade Sheet set–This classic white sheet set is beautifully simple mixed with a bold band of your favorite hue. It’s the perfect way to spice up your bedroom this year!
14. Green Lambskin Jacket–What’s not to love about this remarkably soft and dramatically stylish green leather jacket? I would like to put in an order for this please, Santa! I promise I’ve been good this year.
15. Staub Basil 5.5-quart Round Cocotte–I recently received this exact piece as a gift and I’ve been making fab soups in it ever since. The perfect color for my soon-to-be completed kitchen renovation, if you love to cook and you love green like me, you’ll love this classic French piece of cookware. Bon Appetit!
16. Green Onyx Teardrop Earrings–Vibrant Green onyx shines in these teardrop earrings made in Bali. Said to promote healing and balance, these Anna Beck semi-precious stones will make you look and feel like a million bucks!
17. Canopy Green KitchenAid Mixer–This beauty sits on my kitchen counter as we speak. It’s my second KitchenAid mixer, not because the first one wore out, but only because I wanted to replace my classic black model with a snazzy green version. If you’re a cook or baker and you’ve never used a KitchenAid Mixer, you have no idea what you are missing. It’s the single most important small appliance that every kitchen should have!
18. Lafayette 148 Tied Waist Shirt Dress–This tied-waist shirt dress is the perfect combination of classic and comfort. An easy-to-wear piece, if you love green like I do, this great dress will be your go-to item! Instead of the LBD (Little Black Dress), why not opt for your Little Green Dress instead.
19. “All in Good Taste” Oven Mitt–Keep your hands cool in more ways than one. This great green mitt will protect your fingers from the heat of your latest culinary creations and will have your friends thinking you’re “cool” too because of your cooking mitt’s charm. Have a little fun in the kitchen with this cutie!
20. 4-wheeled 25 inch Luggage–No more mistaking your bag for anyone else’s at Baggage Claim. It will be easy to spot if you’re sporting this gorgeous green, lightweight, rolling bag. No matter what Kermit said, this bag will have you thinking it IS easy being green!
21. J.Crew Quilted Vest–Love a vest but want yours a bit more casual…and warm? Then try the green quilted down version from J.Crew. It’s easy to layer and keeps the chill at bay. Plus, it’s super flattering with it’s slimmer silhouette and perfectly stylish with the gold hardware.
22. Glossy Green Hunter Boots–My daughter is wishing for shiny, red hunter boots for Christmas. I would like to put on my wish list a pair of these glossy green ones. Great for rainy days, gardening, and more, these shiny green boots would make my rainiest of days bit more fun! And if she and I stand beside each other, we will look like Christmas all year long. Ha!
23.“Diary of a Young Lady of Fashion” 12-month planner–Keep yourself perfectly organized with this witty planner. Playful sayings make each month’s planning more fun, but don’t forget this is functional, too. So stay organized and in style all at once! The perfect stocking stuffer for those organized “green-lovers” that you know.