Cabinetry is not only the workhorse of any kitchen or bathroom, but it’s also a key design element in those rooms. Choosing the right color and style can take your kitchen from sleek modern to classic traditional faster than anything else you put into the space. But do you know your crown top from a shaker base? Not to worry, I’ve got a handy guide to the top 5 most popular cabinet styles!
1. Shaker Base Style. This sleek and simple design is one of the most popular today. It complements any decor and gives a clean look to any kitchen or bath. It’s one of my favorites to use in my projects, too!
2. Raised Panel Square Top. A raised panel style of cabinet gives a room more of a traditional look – timeless and classic. The raised panels can also have a shape at the top, instead of the squared-off one you see above.
3. Raised Panel Round Top. Here’s another look at the raised panel design for cabinets, and those on the upper bank have the rounded top, rather than square. This is another of my faves for traditional kitchen design.
4. Solid Wood No Styling. On the other end of the spectrum, but growing in popularity, is the solid or smooth fronted cabinet. This type of door also gives a nice straightforward look to any room.
5. Inset Panel Square Top. Panels can also be inset, rather than raised, on cabinet doors and drawers. You’ll see this a lot in bathroom cabinetry, and it’s different from the Shaker style because it has an inset groove where the panel is set into the frame.
And if those styles don’t float your boat, there are five other designs you can see above that can give you everything from a super-formal look to a more Mission or Craftsman design. But remember, just because one is more popular than another doesn’t mean you have to use it – choose the one that fits your personality and your decor!
What’s your favorite style for cabinetry? Let me know in the comments section below!