It’s time for holiday shopping to commence and thankfully it’s that time of year when many gorgeous design and architecture books hit stores. I am excited to tell you about the new (and first) book by amazing Atlanta Interior Design Beth Webb and it would make a fabulous stocking stuffer or hostess gift for the design lovers on your list. This book brilliantly highlights her designs as “Rooms That Speak to the Senses”, one of the keystones of Beth’s design philosophy. Evident on the beautiful glossy pages, is that Beth creates homes that evoke timeless style while speaking to the five senses. Throughout this glorious oversized book, Beth walks you through how each design element, both tangible and visible, add to the overall aesthetic of the space as well as the well-being and evolution of those living there. This concept so resonates with my focus on well-being and self care and Beth’s work on these lovely pages gave me a whole new appreciation for softer palettes and layered textures.
Beth is a master with a neutral color palette, blending natural elements that are warm and inviting. Can you imagine sitting in this living room looking out of the beautiful wood double doors to that gorgeous greenery beyond? The mix of texture is so rich and delicious and is such a seamless transition to nature and the outdoors. One couldn’t help but be well and vibrant in Beth’s creations.
I also love how original art is used in Beth’s work throughout the book to infuse spaces with such calm color and unique style! Her rooms provide the perfect backdrop to display carefully curated collections, like this pretty grouping of plates. All of Beth’s designs focus on chic neutral or soft color palettes with meticulously layered textures to keep the space comfortable and natural, while able to withstand the tolls of everyday life.
I’ve known Beth personally for many years, and now with her first book, I’m very excited for you to see more of her work that spans from Atlanta to Costa Rica. I think you will fall in love with her designs as much as I have. Pick up a copy of her book, An Eye for Beauty: Rooms that Speak to the Senses, here for you or the design enthusiast on your shopping list!
We are in the home stretch, friends. Christmas is almost here whether you are ready or not. But if you are still one of the people out there looking for last minute gifts, I’ve got you covered, especially if you are like me and you are crazy about all things green!
Whether you call it Kelly or Emerald, many people associate me and my design work with this, my favorite hue! So take a look at this fabulous collection of all things green. Perfect for Christmas, or any time of the year!
Happy Shopping! xo,
1. Drawstring Vest–I love a drawstring on jackets and vests, and in jade no less. Try this comfy and cozy Lafayette 148 vest on for size. It’s the best way to be chic and comfy all at once.
2. Moschino Bow Mini Bag–How feminine can one be? Well with this little beauty, plenty. Feeling like splurging on something in your favorite green hue? Why not a girly bag that will be in fashion for years!
3. Michele Watch with Topaz Markers–This playful yet luxurious watch in lovely jade green with topaz accents is the perfect mix of casual and chic. The gold-plated stainless steel accents make it look luxe but it’s hardworking and waterproof, too. And with the signature Red Crown logo and wind piece, this lovely timepiece is the perfect POP of color for every day.
4. Essie Green Nail Polish–I love having my favorite color on my toes, even when it’s winter and hardly anyone sees it but me. Have a little fun this holiday season and beyond by making your tootsies emerald. They’ll look like a million bucks!
5. Stadium Cloth Wool Coat–I love the classic style and fab color of this wool coat by J. Crew. Inspired by the fabric from classic stadium blankets, this beauty gives you all the warmth but without the weight and for that I say, “Don’t wait!”
6. Malachite Box–Handcrafted of Limoges porcelain, these sophisticated desk accessories just took your office to a whole new level of style. Try this lovely lidded box or the matching tray or pencil cup to add the perfect punch of green to your desk. It might just make working more fun in the new year.
7. “All in Good Taste” Dish Towel–Leave it to Kate Spade to make everything fun, including cooking. A dash of whimsy on this kitchen towel makes the process fun whether you are the chef or the clean-up crew!
8. Caged Leather Jimmy Choo—Jimmy Choo takes green out of this world with these gorgeous strappy, leather caged sandals. These are the shoes that dreams are made of, so why not make the dreams of someone on your list this year?
9. Green Over-Dyed Antique Rug–Want a fabulous punch of green in your home? Then try this remarkable and luxurious dyed Oriental rug in your room. Whether as a complement to your layered and colorful look or the only pop of color in an otherwise neutral space, this green carpet will remind you that the “grass is greener” right there under your own two feet, especially when you splurge on this lovely piece.
10. Diptyque Fig-Scented Candle–Possibly my favorite candle of all time, Diptyque‘s fig scent in the glorious green glass jar makes any room a bit fresher and more beautiful that it was before. And with 90 hours of burn time, it will keep your space fresh for hours on end! The perfect hostess gift or stocking stuffer for the candle-lovers on your list.
11. Silk “Dazzle and Delight” Pillow–Want a conversation starter on your sofa? Try piling on this whimsical Kate Spade “Dazzle and Delight” pillow. It’s a bit Audrey Hepburn but not too fancy to snuggle up with. Add some fun to your room with this adorable item or give it to the girly-girl on your list.
12. Garden Lattice Acrylic Tray–With it’s stylish geometric lattice design, this tray looks classic and trendy all at the same time. Use it for serving up drinks or gathering all your trinkets. It’s such a great price, you can buy one for all your friends.
13. Grace Kate Spade Sheet set–This classic white sheet set is beautifully simple mixed with a bold band of your favorite hue. It’s the perfect way to spice up your bedroom this year!
14. Green Lambskin Jacket–What’s not to love about this remarkably soft and dramatically stylish green leather jacket? I would like to put in an order for this please, Santa! I promise I’ve been good this year.
15. Staub Basil 5.5-quart Round Cocotte–I recently received this exact piece as a gift and I’ve been making fab soups in it ever since. The perfect color for my soon-to-be completed kitchen renovation, if you love to cook and you love green like me, you’ll love this classic French piece of cookware. Bon Appetit!
16. Green Onyx Teardrop Earrings–Vibrant Green onyx shines in these teardrop earrings made in Bali. Said to promote healing and balance, these Anna Beck semi-precious stones will make you look and feel like a million bucks!
17. Canopy Green KitchenAid Mixer–This beauty sits on my kitchen counter as we speak. It’s my second KitchenAid mixer, not because the first one wore out, but only because I wanted to replace my classic black model with a snazzy green version. If you’re a cook or baker and you’ve never used a KitchenAid Mixer, you have no idea what you are missing. It’s the single most important small appliance that every kitchen should have!
18. Lafayette 148 Tied Waist Shirt Dress–This tied-waist shirt dress is the perfect combination of classic and comfort. An easy-to-wear piece, if you love green like I do, this great dress will be your go-to item! Instead of the LBD (Little Black Dress), why not opt for your Little Green Dress instead.
19. “All in Good Taste” Oven Mitt–Keep your hands cool in more ways than one. This great green mitt will protect your fingers from the heat of your latest culinary creations and will have your friends thinking you’re “cool” too because of your cooking mitt’s charm. Have a little fun in the kitchen with this cutie!
20. 4-wheeled 25 inch Luggage–No more mistaking your bag for anyone else’s at Baggage Claim. It will be easy to spot if you’re sporting this gorgeous green, lightweight, rolling bag. No matter what Kermit said, this bag will have you thinking it IS easy being green!
21. J.Crew Quilted Vest–Love a vest but want yours a bit more casual…and warm? Then try the green quilted down version from J.Crew. It’s easy to layer and keeps the chill at bay. Plus, it’s super flattering with it’s slimmer silhouette and perfectly stylish with the gold hardware.
22. Glossy Green Hunter Boots–My daughter is wishing for shiny, red hunter boots for Christmas. I would like to put on my wish list a pair of these glossy green ones. Great for rainy days, gardening, and more, these shiny green boots would make my rainiest of days bit more fun! And if she and I stand beside each other, we will look like Christmas all year long. Ha!
23.“Diary of a Young Lady of Fashion” 12-month planner–Keep yourself perfectly organized with this witty planner. Playful sayings make each month’s planning more fun, but don’t forget this is functional, too. So stay organized and in style all at once! The perfect stocking stuffer for those organized “green-lovers” that you know.
Are you finished with your holiday shopping? Me either. But I am getting really close! At this point, I am always looking for the perfect gift for those people in my life who already seem to have everything. And if I’m honest, a lot of people in my life probably think that refers to me. Ha! But isn’t it true that so many of us are able to just get what we want when we want it and we don’t wait for special occasions or holidays? And then, when those gifting occasions roll around, we can hardly think of anything that we want or need.
Well today I am bringing you a fun round-up of things that are exciting and cool and hip and unique. Things that would be perfect for those people who have everything. Many of these are things that people might not know about or that they wouldn’t buy for themselves, so they would make fun and fabulous presents from you!
Good luck finishing your shopping, friends!
Jonathan Adler Lacquered Backgammon Set–My family used to play backgammon when I was a kid, but I haven’t played in years. Leave it to Jonathan Adler to make this old game fabulous and chic again! Choose from purple, blue, or orange. I’m partial to the purple interior with the white box. Game on!
Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker–How fun to make homemade soft-serve for your next party or just on the weekend with your kids! I love how it holds the cones and sprinkles right in the machine. And I don’t keep up with the Kardashians (I know, I’m about the only one) but I think I did see that one of them had this fun gift on their wish list, too.
Neiman Marcus Famous Pop-overs–I have wanted to learn to make pop-overs for years and Neiman Marcus is known for these delicious treats in their restaurants across the country. Now you can give those “have it all” sort of people on your list everything they need to make these luxury pop-overs right at home.
Wood Pillar Speakers–These fabulously handsome wood-patterned speakers have amazing 360-degree sound and 15 hours of wireless play. They connect to any bluetooth device and are oh-so-stylish! One of these may need to find its way to my hubby’s stocking.
Monogrammed Kate Spade Tote–Apparently I have a thing for red bags this year, and I think this one from Kate Spade is extra special because it can be monogrammed with 3 letters in gold foil. How sophisticated and personal, right? I have a special person on my list that this would be perfect for!
Firewood Canvas Tote–A fun and handy gift for your friends who love to sit fireside at home or in their vacation home. Personalize this handsome leather-and-canvas firewood tote and they will love how it looks, and how it keeps their clothes all clean and tidy when they carry wood in for the fire.
Personalized Yoga Mat–No one will pick up your yoga mat if it’s personalized with your name or initials. This is a fun gift for all the yogis on your list this year.
Personalized Gym Bag with Yoga Mat Strap–Take it a step further and add this great personalized gym bag as a companion to the personalized yoga mat. It even has a strap that keeps all your items together and organized.
Red Beats Headphones–Whether working out or just hanging out, these beautiful bright red, wireless Beats headphones are great for anyone on your list, young or “not so young,” male or female. So if you have music-lovers on your list, how about a snazzy pair of these?
Junior Chef Baking Set—For the teens and kiddos on your list who love to cook like my daughter does, Williams Sonoma has a whole line of REAL cooking and baking utensils like this baking set. They are regular-sized (not kiddie-sized) and perfect for aspiring and practicing cooks with a few safety features built in to make learning to cook fun.
Pink Home Massage Table–Ever wanted to have your own massage room at home? That’s the ultimate luxury, right? And even more fun for your table to be PINK! This is perfect for the busy working woman in your life who needs to relax at the end of the day. Don’t love the pink? Well you’re in luck! It comes in a rainbow of colors.
Fitbit Charge HR–Stay fit and keep track of the time, all in one device. The super-smart new version from Fitbit has all sorts of features, including tracking your heart rate, and you don’t have to double it up with your watch anymore.
Breville Crispy Crust Pizza Maker–Pizza lovers take note, this table-top beauty has a pizza stone built right in to make all your favorite thick and thin crust recipes come out perfect every time. I asked for one of these for Christmas this year and my daughter is already planning the pizza parties we need to host in 2016.
Zoku Iced Coffee Maker–-Freeze the canister of this travel coffee mug and it instantly turns your hot beverage into iced coffee. A convenient and handy tool for all the iced coffee lovers in your life.
Jonathan Adler Domino Set–And if backgammon isn’t your thing, or you want a full-on game night, Jonathan Adler also brings us gorgeous lacquered packaging for his domino set. And the dominos themselves are even colorful, which designer-folks like me will really love!
Today’s Gift Guide is for all those Girl Bosses in your life. You know the one. She’s in charge, an entrepreneur, a go-getter, a real “She-woman”! But with all that Girl Power, we Girl Bosses still want to be feminine. So here is my list of the perfectly Girly gifts for all those strong women in your life. Girl Power Unite! (And check back tomorrow for my last gift guide. It’s a good one!)
Shop on, Ladies! xo,
Diane Von Furstenberg Autobiography–In The Woman I Wanted to Be, Diane Von Furstenberg gives inspiration and insight into how she’s built her dream life and dream business. From her childhood to her brilliant design of the wrap dress to today, she tells us how to achieve a life full of Passion and Focus. A perfect stocking stuffer for all the Girl Bosses or Girl Boss wannabes in your life.
Christian Louboutin Nail Polish–The Rose Gold cap on the Louboutin “Nudes” collection of nail polish is perfectly chic. These are must-have polishes for the fashionistas and powerful women in your life and will make a thrilling surprise in their stockings! Who doesn’t want a little Louboutin in their life?
Girl Boss by Sophia Amorusa–If you or the entrepreneurial women in your life haven’t read Girl Boss, what are you waiting for? It is the story of the meteoric rise of Sophia and her fashion brand Nasty Girl from E-bay to the World. This inspiring tale of how to go for your dreams and make it happen is a must read especially for young women who dream big!
Rose Gold Metal Chair–This industrial-style Steel chair has been all the rage in home decor for a while now, but in Rose Gold, it goes to a whole new level. It’s like Jewelry for the dining table and it’s Girl Boss approved! By one (or a set) of these for your young entrepreneur. They would make her first dining room fabulous!
Pink Champagne Ornament–Perfect for celebrating the Success of your Girl Boss this year, how about a little pink champagne on the tree or in her stocking!
“Fancy Another” Tray–Entrepreneur by day, hostess by night. This fab tray will help your power woman be the hostess with the mostess.
Fur Pom Pom Clip-add some girly charm to your favorite handbag and let the world know who’s (the fashion-forward) boss! This adorable faux-fur clip adds the perfect amount of fun when you’re feeling sassy.
I am Very Busy Folders–You know you are, and now the world will know you’re busy too with these adorable Rose Gold printed folders. Perfect for the female-exec in your life.
Beauty Blender Makeup Sponge–In my opinion, this is THE best makeup sponge ever. And what Femaleprenuer can leave the house without her face looking perfect? So I say “Beauty Blenders for everyone!” “You get a Sponge! You get a Sponge! Everybody Gets a Sponge!” Stuff these in the stockings (Oprah Style) of all the gals you know and they will be thrilled.
Emoji Earrings–As a Girly Girl and a Girl Boss, I’ve been known to use an Emoji or two in my text messages. I love these “wink” emoji Kate Spade earrings that celebrate Emoji-love. Get these for those super-texters in your life.
Kate Spade Metro Dot Watch–For a pop of girly color in your Girl Boss Style, try this Dotted Kate Spade watch to keep you on time for your important meetings. Yesterday I showed this fun watch in the bright, bold and tailored multi-color version. But today our Femalepreneur gift guide calls for the flirty pink.
Pink Silicone Watch–And when your Girl Boss is ready to work out, switch to this silicone pop of pink so you can sweat it out and still tell the time.
Girl Boss Pencils–If your Girl Boss loves “School Supplies” as much as I do, she’ll love these Girl Boss coral pink pencils with gold imprinting. And she’ll be able to tell when someone in the office snags her pencil. This MUST go in her stocking this year.
Rose Gold Bangle–This skinny bangle is the perfect amount of “pink and blinge” for your She-woman. In Rose gold, this pretty bangle is great for layering but it’s sassy enough to stand alone. From the chic style of Henri Bendel, this is luxury jewelry that really rocks!
Tom Ford “Wicked” Blush–If your Girl Boss is perfectly sweet but wants to channel her “wicked”ly strong and confident inner executive, Tom Ford’s gorgeous Wicked blush will sculpt her cheeks and make her look and feel flawless while she steps into her role as CEO.
“Eat Cake For Breakfast” Pink Journal–Life is Short and your Girl Boss knows it. That’s why she squeezes every ounce of work and life out of the time in her days. And maybe she also throws caution to the wind and eats cake for breakfast. If so, this is the prefect place for her to journal her thoughts and manifest her BIG ideas.
Pink Gingham Sheets–For your Girl Boss’s country house or to fit the bed of your girl-boss-in-training, these charming pink gingham sheets bring style, personality and confidence to the nest of your current or future girly-CEO.
Layla Rose Gold Headphones–For the Jet-setting Girl Boss or for when she’s working out, these gorgeous Rose Gold “Layla” headphones will help her pump her music inspiration, or listen to her latest business book or podcast, all while looking stylish and girly-chic!
Gold Zebra Trinket Tray–A bit of glamour to hold your Femalepreneur’s trinkets. From her jewelry to her soap to her paper clips, this fabulous gold tray will keep her organized and feeling fabulous!
Happy Sunday, Friends! It’s time for another gift guide and today I’m bringing you a few of my favorite things in perfect Tobi style.
Yes, those of you who read my blog regularly know all about my style: Bright, Bold, and Tailored. So I think it’s only fitting that I create a gift guide with some of my favorite things that align with my love of color, pattern and classic design motifs. Any one of these gorgeous things would be a perfect gift in my opinion, so Santa if you’re listening…(wink, wink)!
And may your Holiday Season be Merry and Bright, Bold and Tailored!
J. Crew “Double-cloth” Day Coat–This classic wool coat is tailored and feminine and oh so flattering. Lined with Thinsulate this beauty will keep you warm while you are looking great!
Smeg 2-slice Blue Toaster–Who wouldn’t want Toast for Breakfast if you owned this Icy Blue little number? It just happens to be the perfect color for my soon to be completed Kitchen remodel. Maybe I should put this on my list!
Greenwich Grove Teapot–Chamomile is my favorite flavor of Tea and it would be so much sweeter if poured from this gorgeous green Teapot. If you have Tea-drinkers in your life, I bet they would love this cutie wrapped and under the Tree this year.
New York “Metro” Watch–This colorful time piece from Kate Spade will keep you punctual and peppy with pops of color on the hour. A fun surprise for the color-lovers on your list!
Essie Polish Blues–I don’t have the Christmas Blues but I certainly could stand some Essie Blues this year. I think this is the ideal stocking stuffer for those adventurous enough to paint the town and their toes Blue this holiday.
Off We Go Luggage Tag–For those World-travelers in your life, this gorgeous green luggage tag will help their bags stand out from the crowd as they travel the globe.
Ralph Lauren Bed Blanket–Ralph has a way of making everything stylish, especially the bed. I can just see this gorgeous yellow blanket peeking out from under the duvet for a pop of unexpected fun! So for those who want to stay warm and colorful all at once, this is a perfectly pretty present for them.
Emily Ley “Simplified” Daily Planner–This colorful daily planner promises to bring Joy and Simplicity to your life all year long. So for you or anyone you love who wants to stay organized and simple next year, this is a great gift to get them started.
Cedar and Roses Painting–This beautiful oil on canvas painting is by Joanna Posey for Serena and Lily. Maybe it speaks to me because of it’s palette or maybe because Joanna studied Painting at my Alma Matter, either way, I love it and I think those bright, bold and tailored people in your life will love it too.
Brass Elephant Box–My daughter has a thing for Elephants and cast in solid Brass, this charming box by Jonathan Adler makes me have a thing for them too. Gift this polished pretty to the animal-lovers on your list and they will have a perfect perch for their beautiful baubles and tiny trinkets.
Worthington Chair–Yes, Kate Spade launched a furniture line and yes it’s magnificent. As if the design of the Worthington Chair wasn’t lovely enough, in this Grass Green upholstery, it’s to die for. So if you want your loved ones to swoon over their Christmas gift, buy them this stunning chair or a set of them. (Honey, are you listening?)
Greek Key Zebra Mug–Sugar? Creamer? Greek key? I will take my coffee with all three if it’s served in this fun and graphic zebra mug. In bright yellow and black, this would help my coffee give me an extra jolt in the morning. Any greek-key fanatics in your life? Then this is the gift for them.
Tory Burch in Color Book–Inspirational, Aspirational and Beautiful. This Tory Burch book depicts a life well-lived in gorgeous full-color photos and it’s pretty as an accessory on your coffee table too! Let this book do double duty in the life of a design or fashion enthusiast that you love.
Big Book of the Hamptons–This beautiful and bright book celebrates the Mystique and the Glamour of the Worlds’ most iconic and extravagant neighborhoods. Get a peek into the homes and gardens (including secret retreats and vast estates) in the Hamptons with this beautiful book. This makes for a fabulous hostess gift or a special treat for the person who has everything.
Gabba Goods wired-control Selfie Stick–Taking the perfect Selfie just got easier with this remote-controlled selfie stick. Now you and your Instagram-crazed family and friends can get the perfect selfie every time. This cutie definitely fits perfectly in stockings and also fits both iPhones and Androids. Plus it comes in Black, Pink and this Cool Blue.