I’m very close to finishing the entry in my new home, which will have gorgeous wainscoting and pediments to highlight the architectural details. And it’s those details that really can take your home’s entry from ho-hum to WOW!
In my former house, I made a big statement in my entry with graphic wallpaper and great art. There are so many ways you can welcome your guests with style – so let’s take a look at a few fun ideas:
See what I mean? Just a few details can really make the entry to your home a fabulous welcome for friends and family. Let’s review those tips one more time:
1. Make an impact right way with color and pattern – use a terrific overscaled wallpaper, or a bright and bold color choice for your walls.
2. Consider scale when you work with art and lamps, you want to have the right scale to make an impact.
3. Accessories can bring in some gorgeous color, either by complementing other pieces, or bringing in a great new hue.
4. The entry is also a great place to show your personality. You can do that through unique items like vintage pieces, original art, or a fantastic keepsake that you picked up on one of your travels.
5. And don’t forget about fresh flowers! They really do welcome your guests with color, an amazing scent, and a touch of the outdoors.
So use these tips to amp up your entry’s design and make a fabulous statement as family and friends enter your home!