Family rooms are great gathering places for the home – it’s the one place where you can get all the family members to hang out together! So you want this room to really work for the people who live there.
Whether your room is large like the one in this video or much smaller, all my tips for making your space function will still apply. Take a look:
Comfort and function – two of my favorite things! Let’s review those tips:
1. Multiple seating groupings in a room help you take advantage of all your square footage. Think about creating “conversation areas” within your space.
2. Swing arm lamps add the perfect amount of light for reading and are great when there isn’t enough room for tables and lamps.
3. Ottomans floating in your space can be pulled up to a variety of chairs and sofas or stand alone as an additional seat. They also add comfortable resting spots for feet when it’s time to relax.
4. Swivel chairs are perfect for swiveling towards the television or swiveling back into a conversation area, or two!
5. Recliners that look like club chairs are the perfect combination of comfort and style.
Try including these tips and techniques into your family room for the ultimate in function and beauty. Now leave me a comment and let me know which of these tips really resonate with you. And be sure to share this post with all your design-loving friends!
For more tips and ideas, be sure to check out my YouTube Channel, featuring every episode of Tobi TV!