It’s time for holiday shopping to commence and thankfully it’s that time of year when many gorgeous design and architecture books hit stores. I am excited to tell you about the new (and first) book by amazing Atlanta Interior Design Beth Webb and it would make a fabulous stocking stuffer or hostess gift for the design lovers on your list. This book brilliantly highlights her designs as “Rooms That Speak to the Senses”, one of the keystones of Beth’s design philosophy. Evident on the beautiful glossy pages, is that Beth creates homes that evoke timeless style while speaking to the five senses. Throughout this glorious oversized book, Beth walks you through how each design element, both tangible and visible, add to the overall aesthetic of the space as well as the well-being and evolution of those living there. This concept so resonates with my focus on well-being and self care and Beth’s work on these lovely pages gave me a whole new appreciation for softer palettes and layered textures.
Beth is a master with a neutral color palette, blending natural elements that are warm and inviting. Can you imagine sitting in this living room looking out of the beautiful wood double doors to that gorgeous greenery beyond? The mix of texture is so rich and delicious and is such a seamless transition to nature and the outdoors. One couldn’t help but be well and vibrant in Beth’s creations.
I also love how original art is used in Beth’s work throughout the book to infuse spaces with such calm color and unique style! Her rooms provide the perfect backdrop to display carefully curated collections, like this pretty grouping of plates. All of Beth’s designs focus on chic neutral or soft color palettes with meticulously layered textures to keep the space comfortable and natural, while able to withstand the tolls of everyday life.
I’ve known Beth personally for many years, and now with her first book, I’m very excited for you to see more of her work that spans from Atlanta to Costa Rica. I think you will fall in love with her designs as much as I have. Pick up a copy of her book, An Eye for Beauty: Rooms that Speak to the Senses, here for you or the design enthusiast on your shopping list!
Happy Sunday, Friends! It’s time for another gift guide and today I’m bringing you a few of my favorite things in perfect Tobi style.
Yes, those of you who read my blog regularly know all about my style: Bright, Bold, and Tailored. So I think it’s only fitting that I create a gift guide with some of my favorite things that align with my love of color, pattern and classic design motifs. Any one of these gorgeous things would be a perfect gift in my opinion, so Santa if you’re listening…(wink, wink)!
And may your Holiday Season be Merry and Bright, Bold and Tailored!
J. Crew “Double-cloth” Day Coat–This classic wool coat is tailored and feminine and oh so flattering. Lined with Thinsulate this beauty will keep you warm while you are looking great!
Smeg 2-slice Blue Toaster–Who wouldn’t want Toast for Breakfast if you owned this Icy Blue little number? It just happens to be the perfect color for my soon to be completed Kitchen remodel. Maybe I should put this on my list!
Greenwich Grove Teapot–Chamomile is my favorite flavor of Tea and it would be so much sweeter if poured from this gorgeous green Teapot. If you have Tea-drinkers in your life, I bet they would love this cutie wrapped and under the Tree this year.
New York “Metro” Watch–This colorful time piece from Kate Spade will keep you punctual and peppy with pops of color on the hour. A fun surprise for the color-lovers on your list!
Essie Polish Blues–I don’t have the Christmas Blues but I certainly could stand some Essie Blues this year. I think this is the ideal stocking stuffer for those adventurous enough to paint the town and their toes Blue this holiday.
Off We Go Luggage Tag–For those World-travelers in your life, this gorgeous green luggage tag will help their bags stand out from the crowd as they travel the globe.
Ralph Lauren Bed Blanket–Ralph has a way of making everything stylish, especially the bed. I can just see this gorgeous yellow blanket peeking out from under the duvet for a pop of unexpected fun! So for those who want to stay warm and colorful all at once, this is a perfectly pretty present for them.
Emily Ley “Simplified” Daily Planner–This colorful daily planner promises to bring Joy and Simplicity to your life all year long. So for you or anyone you love who wants to stay organized and simple next year, this is a great gift to get them started.
Cedar and Roses Painting–This beautiful oil on canvas painting is by Joanna Posey for Serena and Lily. Maybe it speaks to me because of it’s palette or maybe because Joanna studied Painting at my Alma Matter, either way, I love it and I think those bright, bold and tailored people in your life will love it too.
Brass Elephant Box–My daughter has a thing for Elephants and cast in solid Brass, this charming box by Jonathan Adler makes me have a thing for them too. Gift this polished pretty to the animal-lovers on your list and they will have a perfect perch for their beautiful baubles and tiny trinkets.
Worthington Chair–Yes, Kate Spade launched a furniture line and yes it’s magnificent. As if the design of the Worthington Chair wasn’t lovely enough, in this Grass Green upholstery, it’s to die for. So if you want your loved ones to swoon over their Christmas gift, buy them this stunning chair or a set of them. (Honey, are you listening?)
Greek Key Zebra Mug–Sugar? Creamer? Greek key? I will take my coffee with all three if it’s served in this fun and graphic zebra mug. In bright yellow and black, this would help my coffee give me an extra jolt in the morning. Any greek-key fanatics in your life? Then this is the gift for them.
Tory Burch in Color Book–Inspirational, Aspirational and Beautiful. This Tory Burch book depicts a life well-lived in gorgeous full-color photos and it’s pretty as an accessory on your coffee table too! Let this book do double duty in the life of a design or fashion enthusiast that you love.
Big Book of the Hamptons–This beautiful and bright book celebrates the Mystique and the Glamour of the Worlds’ most iconic and extravagant neighborhoods. Get a peek into the homes and gardens (including secret retreats and vast estates) in the Hamptons with this beautiful book. This makes for a fabulous hostess gift or a special treat for the person who has everything.
Gabba Goods wired-control Selfie Stick–Taking the perfect Selfie just got easier with this remote-controlled selfie stick. Now you and your Instagram-crazed family and friends can get the perfect selfie every time. This cutie definitely fits perfectly in stockings and also fits both iPhones and Androids. Plus it comes in Black, Pink and this Cool Blue.
It’s hard to believe that the holidays are upon us. And if you haven’t already started your shopping you better get a move on! I love this time of year in part because I love searching for the perfect gift for those on my list. So since I’m already doing the hard work of finding all the top gift ideas this year, I thought I’d make your shopping a bit easier, too!
Just in time for the big holiday shopping weekend, I’m bringing you my first of several gift guides for those on your list. Today’s guide is all about helping you and your loved ones stay cozy and comfy all winter long.
So have fun shopping my “Cozy Time” gift guide by clicking through the links. You’ll have your list whittled down in no time at all and I’ll see you back here soon with more fantastic gift ideas for all the amazing people in your life.
Happy Shopping! xo,
Shop the Story:
1. Fujifilm Instax Smartphone Printer –Cozy up with your smart phone and print out all your latest photos that make you feel loved and adored with this handy Smartphone printer.
2. The Year of Cozy— Start living a more thoughtful life with help from this book from blogger Adriana Adarme. This neat book full of recipes, crafts, and projects will make you look forward to every little moment in life and will have you feeling happy and cozy all year long!
3.Cupcakes and Cashmere –And since one blogger’s book is never enough, settle in with Cupcakes and Cashmere (how’s that for cozy?) and be inspired by Emily Schuman’s lifestyle advice, interior design ideas, and tips for entertaining at home. Don’t miss Emily’s DIY design projects and party planning ideas.
4.Felt Floppy Hat–How can you be cozy without making sure your head is warm? This stylish wool felt Floppy Hat is the perfect topper for your noggin (or all the noggins you love) all winter long!
5. Accent Pillow with Pompoms–Who says cozy can’t be chic? I love these accent pillows with fur pompoms on the corners. They are extra festive and fun but functional for cuddling with, too!
6. Hanging Rattan Chair–Whether you want to cozy up indoors or on your covered porch this season, this cool ’60s-inspired hanging rattan chair is the perfect solution for you. Pick out a coordinating Serena and Lily cushion for the seat, grab your favorite throw, and this baby is the perfect place for reading a book or taking a long winter’s nap.
7. Faux Fur Throws–Speaking of cuddling up with a throw, how about choosing one of these faux fur beauties? In gorgeous neutral shades from beige to gray to my personal favorite, blush, these textured fur throws reverse to a cozy microfiber on the other side, making them perfect for covering up in any room in your house.
8.Thymes Frazier Fur 3-wick Candle–This gorgeous 3-wick candle smells of just-cut forest fragrance, reminding you of seasonal celebrations, holidays, or wintertime. Light this fresh-smelling beauty and cozy up by the fire with a cup of cocoa for a relaxing night.
9. Burberry Fur Pom-pom Beanie–This soft, wool cashmere beanie in a yummy shade of coral is about as comfy and cozy as you can get. And thanks to fashion house Burberry, it’s chic and sophisticated, too! Santa, I’ll have one of these please.
10. Tory Burch Face Brush–Why should your face be left out of all the comfy and cozy fun? This Tory Burch designed extra-soft bristle face brush is perfect for applying powder, bronzer, or blush while adapting comfortably to the contours of your face. It’s a cozy way to make you look your best this holiday season and the perfect size for a stocking stuffer!
12.Peppermint Lip Scrub–This minty-fresh lip scrub will leave you wondering where it’s been all your life. Say goodbye to dry and flaky lips and say hello to soft and supple smackers. This might be the key to helping you cozy up to your sweetie this holiday season! And it makes a great stocking stuffer, too.
13.“Cable knit” Ceramic Mug Set –Even your beverage looks warm with these “Cable Knit” motif ceramic mugs. This set of 3 mugs make the perfect gift to warm your friends’ hearts and their favorite beverages. This gift will remind them that you think they’re the best thing since hot cocoa!
14. “Cozy Cozy” Hooded Wrap–And finally nothing says cozy (or double cozy) like this “Cozy Cozy” hooded wrap from Nordstrom. With hidden inner snaps, you can make this wrap have a high neck or a draped shawl collar depending on just how cozy you want to be. This would be an amazing gift for all those in your life who like to be comfy and warm all day until they can get to their flannel PJ’s at night.