I love a room that has a touch of glam. Oh, who am I kidding?! I love a fully glam room, too! But it’s a real balancing act to create a gorgeous room that has just the right touch of glitz without going too far over the top. Think about how glam translates in fashion – it’s really the same idea for interiors!
Those fab touches can add luxury and style to any room, but how do you keep that glam-quotient right where it needs to be? I’ve got some great tips that I love to use in the interiors I design – so let’s roll the video to see what they are!
Now those are some va-va-voom spaces, right?! That should give you some ideas from small glamorous additions to full-on Hollywood glitz! Let’s review them again:
1. Use sheen and shine, to reflect your glamorous side! Silver and gold metallic tones give a room that luxury, just like your jewelry is the finishing touch for your wardrobe. And remember that mirrors can also put a sparkle into any space!
2. Texture is so important for luxurious looks in a room. Think about velvets, plush chenilles, silks, and satins!
3. Leather is also key to giving a room the look and feel of a luxe life! Try to use leather in exciting colors other than black or brown for a true glam style – like blush, yellow, or lavender!
4. Is there anything more bewitching and glam than a lacquered ceiling? Well maybe snakeskin wallpaper and fur throws! Keeping the colors toned-down and monochromatic helps this mix of moxie stay fun and fabulous.
5. There’s nothing better than jewel tones for a glamorous color palette – especially when they evoke those sparklers that Elizabeth Taylor loved so much: pearls, sapphires, emeralds, amethyst, and rubies!
6. If you don’t want to commit to a lacquered ceiling, how about trying a metallic wallpaper up above? Or try sinuous shapes and bright colors to add that captivating charisma to a room!
Don’t you just love a glamorous life? Let me know how you use a little glam in your decor in the comments section below! And I’ll see you next time on Tobi TV!
For more tips and ideas, be sure to check out my YouTube Channel, featuring every episode of Tobi TV!