So many people tell me that they are really scared of color, and that they just don’t know how to use it in their homes.
If that’s you, then I want you to step outside of your neutral comfort zone and learn how to use color confidently! Let’s walk through my farmhouse project – recently featured in Traditional Home – to show you some ideas that will help you embrace color:
Wow – isn’t that a colorful home! Let’s review those tips:
1. Take a risk with a fashionable color like chartreuse! Use it in a hallway, a powder room, or a laundry room if you’re still feeling nervous about going bold.
2. Try a softer tone like aqua to drench a room in a beautiful color. Quieter tones are less intimidating that bold, bright colors.
3. Get your inspiration from nature and use greens, blues, and browns. Those colors are everyone’s favorites, so you can’t go wrong!
4. Don’t forget the kitchen – that room doesn’t HAVE to be all white! You could try a soft blue on just the island or a china hutch.
5. And welcome friends and family with a little color on your front door! It makes a great first impression.
Are you feeling more confident about color now? Tell me what you think in the comments section below!