Good interior design is really in the details – no matter how small! What may seem to some like a tiny part of the room can help give your design personality and flair. Paying attention to detail can take your home from good to amazing!
So what details should you keep in mind for your interiors? I like to have a combination of furnishings with great details as well as those perfect accessories. Take a look at these elements I used in my new collection for CR Laine:
See how something small can make a BIG impact? Let’s review those ideas:
1) Details like an acrylic foot on a sofa or chaise can add that perfect piece of jewelry to a dressed-up design!
2) When you’re looking at furnishings for your home, notice design elements like a greek key carving along the base of a chair or bench. Those give your room a subtle sophistication.
3) I love fretwork – both on furnishings and in room designs. Look for open-work that’s bold and beautiful!
4) I’ve been covering books in paper for years to add color and interest to a room, but think about spray painting old books to really give a unique touch to your shelves!
5) Nailhead trim is another fantastic design detail on furnishings – I like to use different patterns like starbursts.
6) A gold leaf border around a table’s top is a great way to add some shine to your design!
So remember, it really IS all about they details! They make all the difference!