Even if you live in the city, you can bring a little of that more relaxed country feeling into your home with farmhouse flair!
I designed this fab farmhouse that’s featured in the April issue of Traditional Home, and you can use details from this project to bring that chic country look to your home, too! One quick way is to use fun folk art, like the cow painting above. Let’s take a look at a few more ideas:
Aren’t you feeling nostalgic for a simpler life now? Let’s review those ideas for farmhouse style:
1. Look for pieces that are inspired by days gone by, like a chandelier created with old bottles and rustic metal.
2. Gingham is a pattern that reminds us of simpler times – it’s cozy and nostalgic, so bring it into any room for that country feeling.
3. Think about using a sliding barn door to replace a closet door in your home. It’s a fashionable farm look that’s right on trend!
4. Raid the antique stores and flea markets in your area for any vintage pieces like a pitchfork, an old rocking horse, or even an antique American flag.
5. For your desk or in a craft room, use old bottles and mason jars to hold pencils and other notions.
Those easy tips will give your home a farmhouse feeling, even if it’s in the middle of a major metropolis! Let me know what you think about these ideas in the comments section below!