Today on Tobi TV we’re getting GROOVY with game rooms. I had a little fun with this family game room from the psychedelic lacquer paint to the Jonathan Adler sconces. And I had even more fun with today’s video. I even channeled a little Austin Powers.
In this great family space, I added storage, style and swivel chairs that put the “fun” back into functional! So take a look at today’s Tobi TV segment to learn all my “Hip Tips” for making your family hangout super cool.
When making your Game room far out, try these Tobi’s Tips…
1. To make an edgy paint color work in your space, use funky fabrics as a jumping off point. Fabrics can really support a unique color scheme.
2. Just because a space is funky doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be functional. In this room I used 2 sectionals for ample seating and 2 storage ottomans for holding games, blankets and other necessities.
3. Groovy lighting can set the tone for a room that is really rad. The Jonathan Adler sconces I used make this room super cool.
4. A game table is a must for any game room but it doesn’t have to be boring. Go bold like I did by adding in a graphic pattern with the chairs.
5. Finally a snack or beverage bar works great in a game room for serving your favorite snacks. To be able to sit at the bar but still join in the game room conversation or watch TV, use swivel stools. They’ll make your guests say “yeah baby”!
So what do you think? Are you ready to create a space in your house worthy of Austin Powers? This one is quite groovy but still chic and sophisticated which I think is the perfect mix. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think and if you are crazy about this cool room, share this post with your design loving friends.
If you want to see more of this space, check out the before and after where I took this game room from not-so-special to Neat-O!