As an interior designer, I really think the best style for any home is one that reflects your personality and who you are! I love to work closely with my clients to make sure that every room in their home is a special reflection of them – what they like, where they’ve been, what their personal style is.
It isn’t hard to do that in your own home, too! You just need to use patterns, colors, and items that really mean something to you and to members of your family. In this week’s video, I give you some tips for exactly how you can create those rooms that speak to you!
Wow! Do you see how you can use color, pattern, and detail to reflect who you are? Let’s look at those ideas one more time:
1. If you have a specific culture or ethnicity that’s part of your heritage, be sure you use any colors or patterns that are significant to you and will reflect that heritage. You want to show who you are with style and flair!
2. Patterns can also give clues to your personality, like using gingham and floral together for a traditional and nostalgic look.
3. If you have a favorite color, use it! There is no right or wrong color in design. If it makes you happy, it’s the right color for you.
4. If you’re a fashionista, flaunt your style! Go glam, make it retro, or use sleek European decor to show your fashion sense.
5. And if you want a serene space to help you escape from the world outside, use texture and color to create that calming retreat!
Using your background, your personality, and your favorite things really helps create a home that is uniquely yours! Tell me in the comments section below what you use in your home to show your personality!