Using color in one room is enough of a challenge, but using color cohesively throughout the home can be a tough proposition for most people!
I love to move color through a home, and I’m going to show you my best tip for doing that AND making each room work together in my farmhouse project that was just featured in Traditional Home. Let’s take a look:
See? It isn’t as hard as you think to have bold color throughout your entire house! Let’s look at how those colors worked together again:
- First, the master bedroom has rich shades of brown and green.
- As we move to the dining room, the brown tags along.
- Then the aqua in the dining room pairs perfectly with the same color in the formal living room.
- That’s where we picked up the cobalt that then goes into the kitchen, where it’s paired with red.
- That bold red moves upstairs into the kids’ playroom and their individual bedrooms, too!
Each room works together to create a cohesive color story! Let me know what you think about this bright idea in the comments section below! And don’t miss me talking all about color this month in my Transformation column in Traditional Home in their annual color issue. My column is all about my own home renovation and the way I used color at home for my own family. Click here to see more!