Kids’ rooms are some of the most fun spaces to design in a home! I love to fill them with color and character to fit each child’s personality, which also gives them more ownership over their own space.
In my farmhouse project that’s featured in the April issue of Traditional Home, I had a lot of kids’ rooms to choose from! It was a blast to create individual spaces for a range of ages and personalities. In this Tip Clip from Traditional Home, I give you five great tips for designing fun and functional spaces for the children in your life!
Aren’t those fun rooms? Let’s take another look at my tips for creating fun kids’ spaces:
1. I had individual silhouettes created for each child in the family, and then hung the art next to each bedroom door. It was a great way to highlight every child in the family!
2. One young lady has a more tailored style, so I created a preppy room in green and blue to fit her personal look.
3. For a fashionista in the family, I added glamour with an unexpected color mix of purple and red!
4. Rustic touches and a blue and red palette set the perfect stage for an outdoorsy boy.
5. And I designed this little girl’s room in her favorite shade of pink, but kept it from being too sweet by adding in jadeite green!
Using colors, patterns, and ideas that fit each child’s personality gives them a space that’s definitely all their own! Let me know what you think in the comments section below!