I’m known for using a lot of bold colors in my interiors, and in my farmhouse project on the cover of April’s issue of Traditional Home, I didn’t hold back! One of the colors that I used, and so many people seem to be afraid of, is bold red. And with America’s memorial day holiday just wrapping up, I love a reason to use a festive shade of red (and white and blue)!
There’s no reason to be afraid of this fabulous revved up color! In this Tip Clip I did for Traditional Home, I’ll give you my six best ideas for where and how to pop this bold color into YOUR home. Let’s take a look:
See what I mean? You don’t have to be afraid of this fabulously bright shade! Let’s review those tips:
1. If you’re nervous about such a bold color, bring in touches of red here and there, like changing out the knobs on your range or in small appliances like a gorgeous stand mixer.
2. Red can add a lot of interest to wake things up, like on stunning chairs in a breakfast room.
3. A kids craft area or playroom is the perfect place to experiment with bright color because it will also stimulate your little ones’ imaginations!
4. I love chic Americana, and it’s a great way to add pops of red, like in the vintage flag I used in my project.
5. Want to make a fashionable va-va-voom statement? Red is the go-to color for that – so I used it in a teen’s room to give it a great personality!
6. You can also tone things down and use a more rustic red in a bedroom. It still makes an impact, but in a quieter way.
So what do you think about my ideas for using red in your home? Do you love this bold color as much as I do? Let me know in the comments section below!